Monday, December 12, 2005

Putting things into perspective.

So, a friend of mine called me this morning asking if I could pick up her son and keep him since her husband was just in a "really bad car accident". She said that he was life lighted to the hospital and he had several broken bones and was headed off for surgery. She also told me that a news crew was filiming so I could watch the news reports.
I called Aaron and asked him to pray for them and then asked for prayer on the church list. Left and went to pick up their son. I was almost to his Day care when my cell phone rings, it is Aaron telling me that he just rear ended somebody about 10 minutes after I got off the phone with him.
Praise God!!! That Aaron is OK, and that our friend will be ok, as far as we know right now.
When I got home I watched the news report that I had recorded. Our friend was hit head on! It was amazing either driver will survive after seeing what both cars look like. They had to cut the entire roof of the car off. I am just so thankful that although they are bruised and broken that God took that situation in his hands and saved them.
I have been totally stressed out getting ready for our families to come next week and this was a total wake up call for me to be grateful for all that I have and to realize not to take it for granted because it could all go in a blink of an eye. So, take your loved ones and hold them tight tonight, and please say a prayer for my friend and her husband.

2 comments:

Jami said...

Hey Shannon
Don't stress about us coming. We do not expect anything except good company. You are always an excellent hostess. So looking forward to the time we can spend.
Miss you bunches!!

Stacy said...

Thank you SOOOOOO much Shannon!! Your post has brought tears to my eyes once again. You are truly a WONDERFUL friend and I don't know what I would do with you!!!