Tuesday, July 18, 2006

What a fun week!



Well, vacation is over, but it was a lot of fun! We started out by going to California to go to a friends wedding. It was such a fun time. I haven't seen Jessica in a few years, so it was wonderful to see her again. She looked beautiful in her dress.
Their reception was a lot of fun, and Aidan became the talk of the party with all of his dance moves. I still wish we had a video camera to get him dancing....He did everything from slow dancing with Hope (the cutest little girl ever!) to break dancing. Everyone was talking about him :0)
We had a good visit with my parents, brother, sister and her boyfriend on Sunday. And then we went to Balboa Island on Monday. The kids had a great time playing on the beach and riding the ferry out to the Island. The houses are beautiful out there. Aaron and I are talking about getting some people together and renting one for a week! I would seriously love living at the beach for a week!
We then had a few days of a break back at home cleaning and getting ready for MY slumber party. It is a fun weekend of scrapbooking, and I had about 6 girls and cutie Audrey to stay over at my house. It was so much fun meeting these people in real life. We all got along really well and had a great time making some fun projects. Theresa Marie, her mom, and Audrey got to stay with us an extra night and we took Aidan and Audrey for a walk around the neighborhood and just had a good time chatting late even though we were all ready for bed!
I made some wonderful friends this weekend, friends that I think I will have for a lifetime! And of course like the good scrapper that I am I didn't take any pictures from this event. Although there were so many people snapping pictures that I am sure I will end up with something.
Kaitlyn is off to girl scout camp. We miss her (esp. Aidan he keeps asking about her and checks her room every morning). I am sure she is having a great time. We will pick her up tomorrow, so I will update on how camp was then.

9 comments:

Trinka said...

Shannon I was glad to get to meet you at QKU. I too made life time friends and can't wait to see everyone again soon. Thank you for your great hospitality.

Lilian said...

I hope Kaitlyn has a great time at Girl Scout Camp! It was wonderful to spend time with you this past weekend! I can't wait to get together again SOON!

reddogg said...

Sorry I missed it!!!!!!

Amy said...

Hey! I think you need to meet me in St. Louis in the Fall. It is blazin' hot here right now and it will be so pretty in late October. I hope Kaitlyn had a great time at camp!I miss ya! -Amy

JoLynn said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. I wish we could see Aidan dancing! Hugs.

Theresa Marie said...

YAY shannon! it was so great to stay with you and be able to chat! I appreciate you openning your home to us for so many days and for drving us around to where we needed to go! You have such a sweet wonderful family! we hope to see you again soon!

Nikki Peck said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! I hope Kaitlyn had a fun time at Girl Scout camp!! I had a blast at QKU!! Can't wait til we can get together again sometime! We'll be in Draper for Draper Days tomorrow (Saturday, 7/22). You guys going???

Prairie Woman said...

Shannon is a great wife and Mom, her children are well behaved and her husband is adorable. She is also a very good scrapper, and to think she didn't take pictures is unbelievable. She is also the person that will pick my rest home when needed. Love you kid!!!!

Mom said...

We sure enjoyed having you guys come for the whirl-wind visit.
Aidan was such a crack-up at the wedding with his dance moves. I sure hope we can get a copy of the video from Dr. Bob!
If you guys decide to rent a house on Balboa Isaland and need an extra couple to chip in - count us in!! I've always wanted to experience living in one of those gorgeous homes!