Thursday, February 22, 2007

Tinkerbell


So here it is my first attmept at sewing an outfit. I have learned a lot while trying to figure this out...like what those little notches are supposed to be used for. So, yes the skirt is a little crooked. It was acutally a little more crooked, but I ripped out the seams and tried it again. Also, my stiching was a little crooked and where the bodice and skirt meet it was supposed to be in a little point on the front. I could not for the life of me figure that one out so after a few attempts I just sewed it straight, so that is why the purple ribbon is there, but I think it looks cute that way. The shoulder straps (which can't be seen due to all her hair) are also of the purple ribbon because I thought it would be cute that way and I didn't want to try to figure out how to turn fabric the size of ribbons right side out.
So, I still need to make the wings and put the velcro on for the back closure, but all in all for my first attempt I don't think I did too bad.
I still have a long ways to go though.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the dress looks great. IT IS ALWAYS FUN TO TRY SOMETHING NEW LOVE TO ALL AUNT REGENIA

Stacy said...

Shannon that little dress is adorable! Great job!!

Kim said...

CONGRATS! I think you did a fabulous job on your first sewing task. Your Tinkerbell dress looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Hey I think it looks really cute and turned out great! Good for you for getting into sewing!

Linda and Lee said...

That is the most beautiful dress I have ever seen, Kaitlyn will cherish it until the day she dies. She will pass it down to her little girls. The craft of sewing is not how perfect the seams are, but the much love that goes into it.....