Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Updates.

Well, I know I have been terrible about keeping up with this blog. Things have been busy and my office was torn apart due to a remodel. The remodel turned out good and the computer was put back up, and then we had company. Then we had the hands of praise performance and then we had my birthday....you get the picture...there was just stuff that got in the way of blogging.
I am posting now, though because last Thursday I got an email that my grandfather had had a heart attack and wasn't doing very well. So, I called Aaron...he told me to go see him. I called a friend who works for an airline and she took care of Aidan and got me a buddy pass flight, and I left early Friday morning.
When I got there my grandfather was in ICU and not doing very well. He was bleeding somewhere and they couldn't figure out where. So, he was having transfusions and tests and all kinds of other stuff. The Dr's think he was bleeding in his belly, but that it has been healed, but his hemo-gloobies (as grandpa was calling his hemoglobins) were still low. I'm not sure if they have started to come back up yet or not. But when I came home on Monday he was still very tired. Yesterday, my mom called and said that the Dr's have said he has now developed pneumonia and that essentially some of his non essential organs had started to shut down...so the Dr's are trying to stop that.
My grandfather has not accepted Christ as his personal saviour, but we can see Christ working in him...and I think that is one of my biggest concerns right now.
Anyways, we could use some prayers around here...for him and his salvation, my grandmother and my family that God would put the right words into our mouths.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandfather. I pray that he accepts Christ as his savior before his passing. Praying for your family aduring this hard time.

Jami said...

Hi Shan
SO sorry to hear about your Grnadpa. We will keep him and you and your family in our prayers.

And Happy Belated Birthday! SO sorry that we missed it!

Love you and miss you.

Jami

Lilian said...

I'm sorry to hear he's not doing very well. I hope you may all be comforted during this time.

{Betsy} said...

I'm sorry to hear that your grandfather has been sick! I will pray for him!

Nicole *Ü* said...

I'm so sorry about your grandpa and hope he recovers. It's hard to see someone you love who doesn't have faith in God, so I know that's hard for you. (((HUGS))) and prayers for you and your family!

Theresa Marie said...

Shannon - I'm sorry to hear about your Grandfather... I am praying he receives Jesus Christ as his personal savior.... and hope he is doing better now.