Friday, April 28, 2006

Another year older...

Wow, so much has changed for me this last year...I guess that is what growing up is all about, the changes.
This was the first year that I didn't spend Christmas with my parents, and I hated it. I missed the big family Christmas. It was made worse by the kids both being sick though. I think it wouldn't have felt so bad if they had both been feeling great and enjoyed themselves (and I wasn't so tired from staying up all night taking care of them). Although, this was the first year that I had 2 Christmas trees and I really loved the way the house looked this year!
This year was the first time I have gone back to work in 8 years. This change has been hard on my family, but I have been enjoying my time at work. It feels nice to be working again. AND this is the first job I have had (except for my 2 year career as the church janitor) that has not involved working with children. And although I think that working with children is very important, I want to still love my children and be there for them when I "get home" from work. Working with children drains me and when I get home all I want to do is be quiet...I'm happy to be working with JetBlue (and I think my kids will be happier in turn).
This year my Brother and his girlfriend came to visit me for the first time since we moved to UT. We had a great time although Leah wasn't feeling well, and I really hope they enjoyed visiting also. I can't wait to have them come back for another visit!
This year my inlaws moved to UT, and it has been nice having them a little closer by. The kids have esp. enjoyed having them come and stay when we needed some over night care! They are also looking forward to having them come and stay when Aaron and I go on a cruise in October.
And this year I have come back into contact with some old friends that I have missed very much. I was so happy to hear from those people! And I am praying that I can rebuild those relationships even if we don't live near each other.
Some things that I am wanting to work on this year before I turn the big 30....
I would like to really get in shape and stay that way. I can't believe how hard it is to get and stay fit. I never realized that is what happens after you have children.
I would like to stay in better contact with my sister and brother. I miss them so much and wish we talked more on the phone at least...thank goodness for computers! It has been nice to stay in better contact that way.
I would like to keep my house clean...easier said than done with a 3 year old running around the house. And I would like to actually get bedroom furniture...yes it has been 8 years of marriage and we still don't have bedroom furniture! I really would like our bedroom to feel beautiful when we walk in there. Right now all I want to do is run right back out of there!
And this year I want to take at least one trip on a JetBlue airplane...Kaitlyn has already asked me when we can go to the American girl museum in New York! She is so excited that we will be able to do that (I'm thinking that might be a good birthday trip).
And one last thing...I want to take pictures a little more regularly! I love photography and it has been one of those things that I have let slip this past year, so I'm trying to be more consistant with my picture taking.
Well those are my thoughts of my last year in my 20's! I can't believe that I'm going to be 30 next year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an eventful year for sure! You are such a great person and I count myself blessed to know you!!! Enjoy your final year in your twenties.... the best is yet to come!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day.
I like how you highlighted your year and how you have things you want to accomplish before the big 30! You last year of your 20's huh? Dang girl! You're just getting started! Hope you get to complete your list of "thing to do' this year. Going to New York sounds like so much fun! I hope you and Kaitlyn are able to go.
Again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANNON!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading this enry, Shannon! I loved how you have set a bunch of goals for yourself for your last year of your twenties. I think it will make turning 30 easier for you, if you have any negative feelings about it like I did. I also think that it will be so much fun for you and your daughter to fly to New York together and have a girls' weekend getaway!!! Well, I hope your 29th year is a fabulous one!!!

Unknown said...

I thot your blog was only scrapping. I enjoyed the musings of one so young and yet about to be so mature (read old).

ps girlfriend I know what you mean I gained all my weight after the birth of my two sons (from the high anxiety)