Monday, August 28, 2006

We've made a decision.

I've decided not to interview for the flight attendant job. The main reason is that they could have me stationed anywhere basically. Meaning for at least the first year I could be living somewhere other than with my family. I just don't think I can do that. We lived without Aaron for awhile when he was working out of town all the time and it was hard. I don't think I should put my kids through that again. It is really scary thinking that I could be stationed somewhere like Chicago. I would have to get to whatever job I was working in 1 and a half hours which means I would have to live there while my family stays in SLC and not really knowing if it would be a year or more until I could get my prefered domicile (headquarters). So after several long discussions with Aaron and him bringing it up to Kaitlyn and her tears I decided not to go for it.
Now I am just watching and praying that something will open up where I won't be bearing the brunt of the customer's nastiness.

On another note we had a really wonderful day on Saturday. Aaron and I took the kids bowling...they had a great time! It was so funny to watch Aidan throw the ball and it barely grazing the pins. The bowling alley we went to had automatic bumpers, so the kids could use them and Aaron and I didn't have too (although I think we could have used them some ourselves). Then after bowling we went to the dollar theater to see Over the hedge...a cute movie, but not one that I need to see again. I'm glad we saw it in the dollar theater.

Well, I'm off to get somethings done before I have to work today! I hope all you readers have a wonderful day!

10 comments:

Jami said...

Hi Shannon
I am so glad that you decided not to apply for that job. I think that there is something better for you closer to home. Keep waiting on the Lord and He will show you what is right. I will be praying for his guidance and direction. We miss you!!! I keep wanting to call but never remember until I know you are working in the dungeon. Hang in there. This too shall pass.

Stacy said...

Shannon...I know you will find something! I think you have made the right decision for you. HUGS!

Kim said...

I'm so glad you made a decision. I know you put a lot of thoughts and prayers towards it. After reading that Kaitlyn was in tears, I'd say you made the best decision. Hang in there, something is bound to come along. I'm just so sorry you have to deal with so many rude passengers.
Your bowling date with your family sounds like so much fun! I like bowling with the kids too because I use the bumpers with them!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

glad to see that you've made a decision. That would have been a tough job - on you and your family. I'm sure that something will come along for you!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your continued perfect job search. I hope you find something great for you and your family SOON!

Bowling night sounds like it was FUN! I love bowling with my family.

Hey, Shawn is doing a Geocaching BBQ at our house Friday night...you guys should totally come!

Anonymous said...

I can completely understand why you decided not to apply for the job, Shannon, and in my opinion, I believe you made the right one. I think you would be too sad being away from your family because I know how important they are to you and how much you love them.....and how much they love you. I will keep you in my prayers that you find the perfect job soon. I know it must be awful dealing with the nastiness of so many crabby passengers. I remember working in the pharmacy at a store that was in a rich, older community, and I swear, I sometimes dreaded going to work because of how incredibly RUDE some of the customers were!!! It amazes me that some people think they have the right to treat people like garbage!!! You don't deserve to be treated that way, and hopefully soon you'll be in a better environment. Hang in there.

Glad you had fun bowling and going to the movies!! Sounds like a great afternoon with the family!! Gotta love those kind of days!!

Anonymous said...

you made the right decision. Never pick a job or money over your family...those moments at the bowling alley can never be replaced....love you, Mom Wamp
Maybe I'll just bring Papa to you.....just kidding....well???????????

Amy said...

I'm glad you made your decision. It's so hard to be undecided. I hope you find something closer to home soon. :)

JoLynn said...

I am sure that was a hard decision to make but it will work out for the best I am sure.

Unknown said...

Does this mean your turning down my offer for Aidan to come live with us?

love
pappa