Monday, February 16, 2009

My Find for the day....

So today Aaron and I went to Home Depot to measure and price some doors and things for the basement when I came across this bathroom vanity. The entire thing was only $24! That was marked down from $199.
We also bought 16x16" tiles to put in the kids bathroom that were on sale a few weeks ago, so we think that we will put this in the kids bathroom too. I have been wanting to replace the kids counter top anyways and I would have spent more just to replace the counter than this entire vanity! The top is a solid surface (corian I believe). I think that the faucet will cost more than the entire vanity! We will probably replace the knobs on the front as well because I plan to do a dark wrought iron look in their bathroom.
Aaron has been busy working on the basement and has finished framing the utility room and has started framing in the laundry closet. We also have a plan for the bathroom that will be down there as well. It is pretty exciting to see it coming together and everything we have bought for it has been out of pocket. We are trying very hard not to not to purchase anything on credit, and we have doing very good at it for about 2 years now. It is a little rough at times when we really want to do something and needing to do it in stages, but it is so worth it in the long run!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you that is the only way to go, it's called cash or no buy.

Anonymous said...

Don't you just LOVE those bargains that come at the right moment? The vanity will look really cute in the kids' bathroom.
Can't wait to see all the progress you've made in the basement!
Cali. Mom

Linda and Lee said...

I have had more fun finding bargains for the house. We are using an old solid oak door that was left in Hinckley by the folks we bought that house from for the new counter top. I found hinges and pulls on line for a really great price, and I needed more and they gave we a $5.00 discount from the first order on the second order. I have about 15 chrome knobs I did not need if you want them.