Friday, February 13, 2009

My little girl is growing up.

We have seen signs of it. I've been avoiding it, but Aaron even mentioned that it might be time for me to talk with her. I took her to buy a book and talked with her about some of the things that could happen any time now. I didn't want her to be surprised by it or to get her information from friends. We didn't go into how babies are made, just what is going on with her body. She took it pretty well and I told her that if she has any questions to come ask me. I hope I didn't traumatize her too much... I am totally unprepared for her to grow up.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

I am sorry you had to do this already!!! I am not looking forward to Cameron doing any more growing up.

Kim said...

Ahhh, the talk...the talk that keeps on and on and on. I'm so proud of you for taking the initial steps to prepare your baby. (She'll ALWAYS be your baby!) I remember how weird it was to bring up the subject with Andi. I do believe since I went to her and was open with her, she'll come to me, she already has. (Some of the things people tell her is unbelievable!) One thing I continue to do is, give Andi enough information, then wait for her to ask questions. That way, I know what information she's ready for. It's hard to believe that we look at our daughters and recall them as toddlers, the briefly we closed our eyes and BOOM! They are young ladies.

Linda and Lee said...

My Mom didn't say anything until it happened. I had no idea what was happening to me. I thought it was like a one day time and it was over, and would never happen again. Boy was I wrong.

Anonymous said...

Hard to fathom that it's "that" time already! I distinctly remember having that talk with my Mom - MANY years ago - and when my time finally happened it just wasn't a big deal - but I can remember thinking what an awful inconvenience it was going to be. HA!
I also remember having that talk with you and your sister, and how uncomfortable it was for me - but have no recollection about how you took it. =-(
Love, Mom